First, let me explain the difference between headshots and personal branding images. A headshot is an image showing your professional yet approachable personality. Branding images, on the other hand, depict the work you do and gives a little insight into your regular work life to your customers. This approach makes you connect with your clients more as they’ve already seen images of how you work and what you do.
A headshot is not just merely a picture of you but it represents your brand, your personality and your professionalism in your career. I understand that most people feel intimidated by the thought of having their headshots captured. But having a professional headshot photographer who can put you at ease, bring out your natural smile and capture your personality by making you feel relaxed is going to be a game-changer for you.
A professional photographer knows how to position you, how to light you and chooses the best backdrop that compliments your outfit. If you are in the business world and want your customers to know exactly what you do and how you do it, professional headshots along with branding images will skyrocket your career.
How to use headshots & branding images to market your services?
With social media playing the most important role in advertising and promoting professional services, having a headshot that can make an impact on your ideal clients has become a must. Along with that, you need to have marketing materials to promote yourself and your brand on every social media outlet. Here’s where branding images come into play. Below are a few examples of how you can use your professional headshots and branding images to promote your business.
- Use your best headshot as the profile picture for your Facebook business page.
- Use an image from your branding session with your information as your Facebook business page cover photo. This image should tell your potential clients about your location, what you do and how to contact you.
- Don’t forget to utilize the LinkedIn profile. Upload your headshot to your profile and add info about your business. You can now create a business page on LinkedIn where you can use your branding images for marketing there.
- Have your business cards made with a beautiful and personable headshot of you. That way people can see the face behind the business rather than just a phone number and website info.
- Post one or two images each week from your branding session and stay on top of the head for your followers.
- Upload your headshot and your team headshots (if you have a team) and write an introduction post explaining what each team member does and a fun fact about them. This gives a more personable feel to your potential clients and they remember fun things better than just contact info.
I hope this gives you an insight into how important professional headshots and personal branding images are in this period of time. For professional headshots and branding sessions in College Station and Bryan, TX, contact me at email@example.com or fill out the form below and I will get in touch with you as soon as I can.